Getting INKY with your Stencils!


Welcome to the INKY weekend at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!



This year Kimmie started releasing her own line of Hybrid INKS the
KRAFTY KOLOURS


They come in the following colors:
Yummy Yellow
Pumpkin Patch
Raspberry Rose
Purple Pansy
Purple Petunia
Mermaid Melody
Mossy Meadow
Lovely Lagoon
Marvellous Mocha and
Wicked Black!

With more kolours to be released!!

***

Some of you may have seen already that I have been using the inks a lot with stencils for my backgrounds!

I love this technique because I dont always have design papers in colors that match my project and this is fun to do and gives me so much more options!

Different techniques:

* Multicolor spotted stencil background
* Gradient/Rainbow stencil background
* Gradient/Rainbow without stencil + Multi layer inking

What do you need:


1. Kraftin' Kimmies awesome Krafty Kolours Ink pads
2. Paper (I use a watercolor paper block which is working great for me)
2. Blending Tool sponges
3. Craftmat
4. Stencils (I have a variety of brands and styles
5. Tape I use painters tape from a cheap store and it doesnt damage paper when i remove it so I love it. Masking tape or washi gets used a lot to.
6. A cutting tool to get your paper in the right size.












Making a Multicolor spotted stencil background!

Step 1:
When using a paper smaller then your stencil I like to add a little bit of tape to the back of the paper so it cant slide around under the stencil.

I use some purple painters tape I got at a local store. This comes of my paper easily without damage.



Step 2:

Next I position my stencil over the paper and tape that down to aswell. Some stencils have a smooth side and a rougher side. That rough side has these little edges that your sponge catches on you dont want that so use the smooth side up.


Step 3:

Applying the ink with a sponge blender tool.
I hold my blender at a slight angle and start applying from the outside of the paper in moving the sponge in small circles. I started with Mermaid Melody.





Step 4:

For this one I will be using 3 different colors in random areas.
My next 2 colors will be Purple Pansy and Purple Petunia in this order.

When applying the a new color in the middle of the stencil I use a very light touch.





Step 5:

I am always a little cautious my first layer cause I didn't wanna over do one color so I come back in a second time to blend the colors all together and deepening the colors a bit more. 


Step 6: Remove the stencil and thats it all done!
I also used this same technique with fall colors on a leaf stencil.

Using the colors:
Yummy Yellow, Pumpkin Patch, Raspberry Rose, Mossy Meadow and Marvellous Mocha


I used this background for our Awesome collaboration with Stamp Anniething on instragram! Find me there @sabrina_elizabeth_25 to see the full card.

***

Making a Gradient/Rainbow stencil background!

This time im using a paper that is larger then my stencil.

So I taped the stencil all around to my paper and craftmat. If you use a really large paper its nice to only tape stencil to the paper cause then you can turn your work while blending.


I am going with a gradient from Raspberry Rose - Pumpkin Patch - Yummy Yellow - Mossy Meadow - Lovely Lagoon

I am doing this diagonally so from corner to corner.

Firstly I added raspberry rose in 1 and the lovely lagoon in the oposite corner.

Again sponging at a slight angle in small circles.
Then I blended out the lavely lagoon with mossy meadow.

Next Yummy yellow and then pumpkin patch.

I went back in with all my colors to ensure a good coverage and smoother blending.

Remove the stencil and I got a pretty fall coloured rainbow burlap pattern.


***

Making a Gradient/Rainbow without stencil + multi layer inking!

Sticking with that same blending technique I now used that on a plain piece of paper.

Using Raspberry Rose, Purple Pansy and Purple Petunia.

I started from the side and inked about 1/3 of the paper



Then blending it out with the next color and then on the last bit I went from the outside of the paper in again to were it touched the other color.


I didnt spent to much time on the blend because I was gonna put another layer on top of this.
If you want to use it as is I would go back in and do another layer to smooth out the blends.

Now I stuck a bit of tape under my paper again and added the stencil on top.
Now I went in with my Wicked Black and sponged through the whole stencil.
To get a good black I added a few layers.


After removing the stencil there now was the gradient showing through where otherwise it would have been white.

Instead of sponging with a second color you could also add texture paste through your stencil. There is white paste but also clear paste and you could have a lot of fun with this in combination with the inks! You can also color the texture paste using the Ink refills!

***

So these were 3 ways to use your stencils and inks together hope you enjoyed it and show us your inky creations in the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Krafty Friends Facebook group!


***

Sabrina


Comments